Ministry Position Search: Associate Pastor of Youth and Families
BETHANY BAPTIST CHURCH ANNOUNCES SEARCH FOR
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF YOUTH AND FAMILIES
Bethany Baptist Church, located in Crane Hill, Alabama and affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, the Alabama Baptist Convention and the West Cullman Association, announces an immediate opening for the position of Associate Pastor for Youth and Families.
Bethany Baptist Church is an active church in Western Cullman County, near Lewis Smith Lake. The church is committed to growing and expanding its offerings for youth and families and is seeking God’s man for the position of Associate Pastor of Youth and Families. The church is committed to fully supporting the called individual in his efforts to honor God through his call to serve our youth and families. You may learn more about the church by visiting www.BethanyBySmithLake.com.
DESCRIPTION OF AVAILABLE POSITION
The successful candidate will be charged with spearheading, under the supervision of and within the ministry vision set forth by the Senior Pastor, all student and family ministries at Bethany. The Associate Pastor for Youth and Families will oversee the entire student ministry including youth (7th grade to 12th grade) and college students, and will assist the Senior Pastor in coordinating and leading education and activities for families. As an Associate Pastor, the successful candidate will be tasked with performing certain ministerial duties as requested and assigned by the Senior Pastor. The position is a bi-vocational/part-time position.
The position includes the following tasks/responsibilities:
1. Proclaim the Gospel and assist the Senior Pastor in leading the Church in proclaiming the Gospel to the Church and community as directed by the Senior Pastor;
2. Assist the Senior Pastor in administering a caring ministry for persons in the Church and the community in all age groups, but specifically in the areas of youth, college students and families;
3. Lead and/or preach at congregational services as directed by the Senior Pastor;
4. Conduct funeral, wedding and/or baptismal services as requested, subject to the direction and discretion of the Senior Pastor;
5. Enlist and train all volunteers in the youth department and assist the Sunday School Director in enlisting and training teachers;
6. Give guidance and coordination through enlistment, education and motivation of the key leadership involved in youth activities;
7. Advise in the use of ministry materials, equipment, supplies and space for the youth;
8. Maintain an active ministry of personal witnessing and testimony; and maintain a presence in the community by attending local community and/or sporting events;
9. Promote a regular ministry of outreach for youth and families in cooperation with the Church’s overall outreach plan as directed by the Senior Pastor; plan, organize and carry out outreach events and activities for youth and families;
10. Plan and conduct special projects (such as camps, retreats and mission trips) for youth; cooperate with the music ministry in providing music activities related to youth;
11. Provide appropriate activities and training for parents of youth;
12. Prepare an annual budget of need for the youth department for recommendation to the Finance and Personnel Committee; and administer the approved budget according to church policy and procedures;
13. Provide leadership and direction for education and activities for college aged youth as necessary;
14. Provide leadership and direction for education and activities for families with children as necessary as directed by the Senior Pastor;
15. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or the Finance and Personnel Committee.
The successful candidate will possess, at a minimum, the following qualifications:
1. Hold a High School Diploma;
2. Be a born again, professing and active Christian;
3. Meet the requirements of Scripture to be ordained as a minister of the Gospel;
4. Be a Southern Baptist with a willingness to join Bethany, along with your family, if called to the position;
5. Accept, affirm and commit to teaching in accordance with the principles set forth in the Baptist Faith and Message, 2000;
6. Ability to accept constructive criticism and apply the suggestions to your work.
Though not necessary to be called to serve, the following qualifications are preferred:
1. Have ties to the Crane Hill and/or Cullman County community;
2. Have at least 2 years of experience in youth, student and/or family ministry.
This position is a bi-vocational/part-time, salaried, position. Compensation is competitive and will be based on the experience of the successful candidate.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and résumé, including at least three references, via email (preferred) or by postal mail to:
Rev. Joshua M. Pendergrass
Bethany Baptist Church
1612 County Road 201
Crane Hill, AL 35053
Acceptance and review of résumés will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Download a PDF version of this announcement here.